Saturday, February 10, 2007

Chinese New Year is Coming

In less than a week time comes the Chinese New Year!!

I can hardly wait! Lately I found that not just me, but most of my Taiwanese friends are not in the mood for work. We're all keen on the coming annual holiday. (of course, and the annual BONUS too.. but not me...sob!) Due to the extra month from last year, the CNY comes almost 1 month late compared to last year. It falls on 18 February this year but the holiday should begin by the 17th, 除夕(chu2 xi4, new year's eve), when families gather and have a big feast to greet the new year. (and lucky money put in red envelopes too!)

To celebrate this special occasion, I've made a little card for all of you.


恭喜(ㄍㄨㄥ1 ㄒㄧ3/gōng xĭ) : Congratulations!
發財(ㄈㄚ1 ㄘㄞ2/fā cái) : May you have prosperous fortune.
新年快樂(ㄒㄧㄣ1 ㄋㄧㄢ2 ㄍㄨㄞ4 ㄌㄜ4/xīn nián kuài lè) : (you should know this one)

Wan an!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was nice, here is how we greet happy new year where I was born

Maligayang Bagong Taon

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{urgentloan22@gmail.com} Thank you.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home